Crusade - The Medical Symposium
If you are presenting at this year’s Symposium, these guidelines can help you prepare an effective presentation that communicates the importance and significance of your research. An oral symposium presentation is more than just reading a paper or set of slides to an audience. How you deliver your presentation is at least as important in communicating your message effectively as what you say. Perform your own research to learn simple tools that help you prepare and present an effective presentation, and design slides and videos that support and enhance your talk.
- Each team shall comprise of a maximum of 12 and a minimum of 5 members. The team shall have a maximum of 6 and a minimum of 3 speakers.
- Any number of teams per college is allowed.
- Each team will be given 20 minutes to present their topic, which will be followed by a 5 minute Question and Answer session with the judges and audience.
- All teams should abide by the time limit. Marks shall be deducted for violating it.
- All team members should produce a valid College ID card at the time of registration.
- Topic for the symposium should be medically relevant.
- To prevent technical difficulties, teams should bring their own laptop and the presentation should strictly be in Microsoft Office Version 10 or higher. Teams having presentations on Apple Macintosh Computers should bring their respective adapters and presentations on the “Keynote” Software on the Mac OS X should be converted to MS Office.
- All teams must email an abstract on the topic of their choice (max 250 words) to the following email ID: email@example.com
The format of the abstract will be as follows
d) Materials and Methods
Teams must strictly adhere to the word limit. Selection for the event would solely be based on a single-blinded evaluation of the abstract submitted.
- Each team will get 5 minutes to set up their technical support. Any additional requirements by the team members have to be informed to the event head at least 3 days prior to the event.
- At no point during the presentation should the identity of the college be revealed.
1st Place: ₹25,000 & Shield
2nd Place: ₹15,000 & Trophy
Best Speaker: ₹3,000 & Medal